Welcome. Blogging is an essential part of this class. WordPress is a software tool, a platform, that enables us to produce content, comment on our writing, and build an audience of readers and of interaction amongst ourselves as well as with the wider world.
As the blog grows over the semester, it will become more dynamic. Yes, it looks a little bare now. But that is by choice. It is like a blank canvas, waiting for all of us to pencil in the outlines and color in the many hues.
While you are, here, play around with the dashboard, with your user profile, with your post.
1) Can you add a picture to your user profile?
2) Can you give yourself a profile name ( a display name) that the rest of us can remember (as in , NOT hgr345)
3) Can you add Tags to your post?
4) Can you add any multimedia to your post?
5) Super-advanced: can you figure out how to turn on zemanta content like this post has (with the suggested posts below).